- Dhaka National Medical College is a private medical college in Dhaka, Bangladesh. It was founded in 1925 as the Dhaka National Medical Institute which was then situated near Bahadur Shah Park.
- Following the 1972 independence of Bangladesh, the educational function of the Dhaka National Medical Institute became moribund, although the associated hospital remained active. A medical college capability was restored with the creation of the Dhaka National Medical College. It was inaugurated on 15 October 1994 and opened to its first students. It has a 850-bed multidisciplinary hospital complex adjacent to the academic building. The college offers a five-year course of study, approved by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC), leading to a Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) and Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) degree from Dhaka University. After passing the final professional examination, there is a compulsory one-year internship. Dhaka national medical college offers MBBS course to students from India as well.
- National Medical College Admission Process
- About Dhaka National Medical College (DNMC):
The Dhaka National Medical College inherits her glorious predecessor the Dhaka National Medical Institute, which was established in 1925 as a part of Non-Cooperation Movement of the Indian Sub-continent against the British Colonial Rule organized jointly by the Indian National Congress and the Indian Muslim League under the Leadership of Mahatma Gandhi, Mawlana Muhammad Ali and Mawlana Sawkat Ali.
- Along with other programmes the Non-Cooperation Movement urged upon the People of the sub-continent to boycott educational institutions established and administered by British Govt. and to establish National Schools, Colleges and Institutes for modern scientific education by the local people themselves.
- Accordingly two Medical Schools were established in the then Bengal Province for producing National Doctors of modern medicine. One such Mediacal School was at Calcutta, named Calcutta National Medical Institute and the other at Dhaka, named Dhaka National Medical Institute.
- MBBS Admission Instruction in DNMC
- The Dhaka National Medical Institute was established at Dhaka near present day Bahadur Shah Park on a land donated by Zamider Raghunath Das. Many Nationalist donated money for its construction & establishment.
- The First Governing Body of the Institute was formed under the chairmanship of a renowned scientist Sir Prafulla Chandra Roy KBE.
- The governing body included Nationalist leaders like Sir Khaza Nazim Uddin, Dr. J.C. Ghosh, Roy Bahadur Kashab, Chandra Banarjee, Zamider Jogesh Chandra Das.
- The Institute consisted of
1. A four year Medical course on modern scientific medicine (LMF) after Matriculation
2. A general Hospital for Medical services to the local people.
- In 1958, the 4 years Medical course (LMF) was closed by the then Provincial government of East Bengal to be replaced by 5 year Medical degree course (MBBS) after I.Sc.
- The Dhaka National Medical Institute could not open the 5 year Medical degree course (MBBS) due to non-cooperation by the then Pakistan Govt. From the 1965 the Dhaka National Medical Institute became limited to hospital and out patient services only for the local people.
- In 1971, during Liberation war of Bangladesh the Dhaka National Medical Institute Hospital was a safe shelter for the Freedom Fighter of the Liberation War.
- Just after the liberation of Bangladesh in 1972 the hospital’s condition was on the verge of collapse due to financial crises and absence of any Administrative Body as the previous Governing Body and the Trustee Board of the Institute were almost absent.
- MBBS Fees total Package in Dhaka National Medical College & Hospital learn more
Father of the Nation of Bangladesh “Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman” took initiative by himself to rescue the Dhaka National Institute Hospital and granted a Taka of five lac immediately for running the hospital and an Ad hock Governing Body was formed for the Institute Hospital under the chairmanship of Mr. M. Sirajul Islam MPA for the smooth administration and development of the hospital. Mr. M. Sirajul Islam took active initiative to take the donation of taka twenty five lac from Bangladesh Assistance Society of India.
- A rule was made by the Government of Bangladesh for the Dhaka National Medical Institute Hospital (DNMIH) that a Management Board will be formed henceforth for every four year of its proper administration and a yearly financial grant will be allotted for the hospital according to the need assess by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of Bangladesh.
- From the very beginning the Governing Bodies and the Management Boards of the Dhaka National Medical Institute Hospital proposed and moved for re-establishing one Medical College with the DNMIH. At last in 1994 under dynamic leadership of the then chairman of the Management Board of the DNMIH Mr. Sadeque Hossain Khoka MP, the long expected Dhaka National Medical College came into existence. The college was formally inaugurated and the foundation stone of the New Academic Buildings of the college was laid by the then Prime Minister Begum Khaleda Zia on the 15th October 1995. DNMC is running as per rules and regulations laid down by the University of Dhaka, Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BM&DC) and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh.
- A high power Governing Body is formed by the University of Dhaka for overall management of the college. Mr. Md. Mizanur Rahman Khan MP, is the Chairman of the present governing body of the college.
- MBBS Admission for Indian Students Contact
Smile Education Consultancy (Authorised)
In 1995 – 96 session the First Batch of Medical Student got themselves admitted in the College. This year in 2020 – 2021 session, the 27th batch of medical student will be admitted in the College. Now the college has emerged as one of the best medical college in Bangladesh.
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Radiology & Imaging
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Dental Anatomy
- Science of Dental Materials
- Dental Pharmacology
- Periodontology & Oral Pathology
- Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pediatric Dentistry