Good news for JEE, NEET aspirants! Govt might conduct exams again in December, check details here
With lakhs of students appearing for the medical and engineering examination, the government is planning to conduct both NEET and JEE again in December.
According to reports, the idea behind conducting exam twice a year is to give an opportunity to the students to bring out their best performance.
National Testing Agency (NTA) to conduct NEET and JEE:
As per reports, the National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct those entrance examinations which are currently being conducted by the CBSE like NEET and JEE.
It is said that the first examination will be held in December 2018.
Last year, the Minister of State for HRD, Upendra Kushwaha said:
“The NTA will initially conduct those entrance exams which are held by the CBSE. The exams will be conducted online at least twice a year, thereby giving an adequate opportunity to the candidates to bring out their best,” Kushwaha said in recent PTI report.
More about NATA:
- As per reports, other examinations will be taken up gradually after NTA is fully geared up
- As per HT report, the establishment of NTA will benefit about four million students appearing in various entrance examinations. It will, over time, relieve the CBSE, AICTE, IITs, IIMs and other agencies from the responsibility of conducting these entrance tests, thus enabling them to focus more on their core mandate
- The agency will also bring in high reliability, standardized difficulty level to assess the aptitude, intelligence and problem-solving abilities of the students
- The NTA will comprise a chairman (an eminent educationist appointed by the ministry of human resource development); a CEO who will be the director general and appointed by the Centre; and a board of governors comprising members from user institutions. The director general will be assisted by nine verticals headed by academicians and experts.
- The NTA will receive a one-time grant of Rs 25 crore from the Centre to start its operation. Thereafter, it will function on a self-sustaining model.
IITs refuse to allow agencies to conduct exam:
In the past, IITs refused to allow other agencies to conduct its examinations. Further, all the IITs were asked to discuss the matter and convey their decision to the ministry by December 15.
“The NTA is yet to become completely operational and we are not very sure about handing over the charge to them. We have been given time and we will decide by then,” an IIT director said.
(Online /Direct Admission & Seat Confirmation)
FOR ADMISSION AND OTHER QUARRIES, CONTACT:
HEAD OFFICE :
MOBILE & WHATSAPP: +88-01995529533
OFFICES IN INDIA:
MOBILE & WHATSAPP: +91-9903355537
WEST BENGAL, MODON MOHON STREET, KOLKATA,
PATNA, BIHAR, DELHI, JAMMU & KASMIR,
HYDERABAD, LUCKNOW, CHENNAI, AND GUWAHATI.